Author Topic: 2024 Honda Transalp spotted in America  (Read 576 times)

smallengineshop

2024 Honda Transalp spotted in America
« on: September 22, 2023, 06:06:00 PM »
The 2024 Honda Transalp will be sold in America. I'm probably late to the party, but I just noticed the 2024 Transalp model on Honda's website. The motorcycle is powered by a liquid cooled, 755cc parallel twin with power flowing through a 6 speed manual transmission. The bike has a curb weight of 459 pounds and a seat height just slightly under 34 inches.

The 2024 Transalp retail price is $9,999. and Honda has several popular factory accessories available for the bike. Honda's plastic pannier bags or side cases are $839, and the mounting kit is $150. Honda doesn't include the decorative pieces with the bags, so you'll to buy the Pannier Panel Kit for $122. The total price for side cases is over $1000. Same story for a Honda top case. Expect to spend close to $2000 to fit your Transalp with official Honda cases. I would guess a new 2024 Honda Transalp with Honda factory luggage and after tax, license and dealership fees will be close to $13,000.

The new Transalp is categorized as an 'adventure' model. If you remember the original Transalp was called a dual sport motorcycle back in the day. I guess your motorcycle is more valuable today if you call it an adventure model, and it allows you to sell over priced luggage for it. I just think it's ridiculous that 3 molded plastic boxes cost an additional $2000, and Honda doesn't include the aluminum decorative pieces with the price of the bags. Even Kawasaki does this with their accessories bags for the KLR models. But whatever, you don't have to buy the factory luggage, and used Givi cases are a lot less money if you can find some that will fit the new model. I believe I paid around $70 for a fit-all, Chinese molded plastic trunk case for a KLR 650.

Anyway, a new Honda Transalp is once again available in America. I wonder if it will only last a few years like the original? The Transalp seems to be a model favored more by Europeans than Americans.

The 2024 Honda Transalp sold in America

The original Transalp was powered by a v-twin and not a parallel twin engine. The v-twin engine volume was close to 600cc.

Here's Seth Rogan riding the original Transalp in the movie Observe and Report
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 04:38:43 PM by adminjoe »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.