Author Topic: ASE Motorcycle Repair Certification  (Read 2434 times)

smallengineshop

ASE Motorcycle Repair Certification
« on: November 07, 2018, 04:50:30 PM »
ASE is planning a certification for motorcycle repair, but nothing is official and no time line is available. I suppose it will be similar to ASE automotive certification where they have tests for each sub system on the car. It will probably be broken down into areas like: transmission, electrical, performance, etc. Passing all the tests and meeting all the requirements will earn you a Master Motorcycle Repair Technician certification. I think its pretty cool and long overdue. I hope they will include certification for outdoor power equipment as well, since companies like Kawasaki, Yamaha and Honda have a big presence in the OPE (outdoor power equipment) industry and OPE are sold at some motorcycle dealerships.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 06:35:37 PM by adminjoe »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

smallengineshop

Re: ASE Motorcycle Repair Certification
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2024, 06:57:33 PM »
Since posting this 6 years ago, I spoke to another person from ASE and they gave me a definitive 'NO' about ASE offering certification for motorcycles. I don't think it will ever happen unless, for some reason, motorcycles greatly increase in popularity. Motorcycle mechanics should have some way to prove their skills to employers and customers other than manufacturer certification. Maybe a small engine certification body like Equipment & Engine Training Council could take up the mantle of including motorcycle certification in their offerings. But don't hold your breath.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.