Author Topic: GUNK Motorcycle Cleaner Advertisement - 1955  (Read 661 times)

smallengineshop

GUNK Motorcycle Cleaner Advertisement - 1955
« on: November 01, 2018, 03:55:43 PM »

GUNK is still around today so GUNK products must have sold well in 1955 to keep the company going. Notice the degreaser/cleaner is not in an aerosol can like it is today. You had to open the can and brush it on. Aerosol cans were patented in the 1920's so I'm not sure why it isn't used here. The price was only 35 cent in 1955 and now a can of GUNK is around $4.00 and I think it contains less GUNK. The can says "Sold exclusively by your Harley Davidson Dealer." It's hard to imagine a dealership sold cleaning products priced this low, or anyone complaining about the price back than, but I know the price had to be scoffed at just like prices are today at motorcycle dealerships. It probably went something like this:

"Good grief look at the price! I can get a gallon of diesel for 20 cents and it does the same thing." : )

Notice the label at the top of the can says "Inspected & Approved - Harley Davidson Accessories."

GUNK Website

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 04:08:17 PM by adminjoe »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.