Author Topic: Ryobi blower - 2 stroke won't start  (Read 2082 times)

whitleyca

Ryobi blower - 2 stroke won't start
« on: May 29, 2014, 10:31:28 AM »
Looking for some advice...  Ryobi 2-stroke blower won't start - (RY08510).  Last weekend I changed the fuel tank, fuel lines and fuel filter (all 1 assembly), the air filter and the spark plug.  The unit is 7-8 years old and has been a good little blower for me.  The fuel lines finally gave up a few weeks back after so many years, hence the replacements.  Blower started up easily and ran great for 10 minutes - then it died.  I CANNOT get it restarted.  Tank is full and bulb is fully primed.  It acts like it wants to start, just doesn't get all the way there.  I can smell fuel when attempting to start, so assume it is flowing.  I have not made any adjustments to the settings.

Any tips/tricks to get me back up and running?

smallengineshop

Re: Ryobi blower - 2 stroke won't start
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 07:48:55 PM »
Your engine needs compression, spark and fuel to run. You didn't say if the blower was running fine before you replaced the fuel line, filters and spark plug.

You can start by pulling the spark plug out and attach the plug to the spark plug wire, than ground the side electrode to the cylinder head and turn the engine over and see if there is a spark jumping across the spark plug gap. This is a good indicator if your ignition system is working properly, but it won't always tell you if its a healthy spark. When the spark plug is installed and its working under operation conditions, it becomes harder for the ignition system to produce a healthy spark across the spark plug gap, so its possible to see a spark with the plug out of the cylinder, but doesn't spark when its installed in the cylinder. This is rare....If you don't see a spark, than check the kill switch. If still no spark, than try another spark plug.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

The Small Engine Shop

Re: Ryobi blower - 2 stroke won't start
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 07:48:55 PM »