Author Topic: Engine Breather lawn tractor  (Read 1610 times)

jdsstar

Engine Breather lawn tractor
« on: March 24, 2014, 07:13:33 PM »
Goodevening, I currently have a riding mower with a Kohler CV15 engine.  Problem developed and I am at odds.  The engine does not run smooth, it sounds like its popping in rappid consesion.  Replaced plug, air & fuel filters resulted in no change.  Also when I engauge the mower blades the engine almost dies.  However, I noticed when I remove the breather hose from the value cover the engine smooths out.  The hose is connected to the base of the air filter.  I understand the reason form the breather, but can not determine what my problem is.  I hope  someone has the answer to what is the fix and why when the hose is disconnected does the engine run better and the mower blades can be engauged without loss of power.  Thank you for any help you can provide.  Joe Stella

smallengineshop

Re: Engine Breather lawn tractor
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 04:06:20 PM »
Is the breather hose plugged? Is the air filter housing where the breather hose connects plugged? How is the oil level? Any smoking or oil consumption?
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

The Small Engine Shop

Re: Engine Breather lawn tractor
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 04:06:20 PM »