Author Topic: Ultrasonic cleaner  (Read 2369 times)

pist-n-broke

Ultrasonic cleaner
« on: September 12, 2013, 10:49:51 PM »
 I have just purchased an ultrasonic cleaner from harbour freight model 95563. It is an inexpensive model so I'm not expecting professional results. They do sell cleaning solutions made for this, but I was wondering what other cleaners have been successfully used, and what results could be expected.
Thank you.

smallengineshop

Re: Ultrasonic cleaner
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 11:51:28 PM »
I think I used the cleaner from Harbor Freight one time when I first got the machine, than I started using an easy to find general purpose cleaner called Simply Green. Here is the product URL:

http://www.simplegreen.com/home.php

If you run into a tough cleaning job, Autozone sells a 1 gallon can of professional grade carburetor cleaner you can dunk the carburetor into. It comes with a tray to put the carburetor and any small parts into for soaking.

I haven't really experimented with different cleaning products for the ultrasonic cleaner. Using Simply Green usually works for me. It would be interesting to hear what cleaners others are using with the ultrasonic cleaner.......
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

pist-n-broke

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 03:26:00 AM »
I think I used the cleaner from Harbor Freight one time when I first got the machine, than I started using an easy to find general purpose cleaner called Simply Green. Here is the product URL:

http://www.simplegreen.com/home.php

If you run into a tough cleaning job, Autozone sells a 1 gallon can of professional grade carburetor cleaner you can dunk the carburetor into. It comes with a tray to put the carburetor and any small parts into for soaking.

I haven't really experimented with different cleaning products for the ultrasonic cleaner. Using Simply Green usually works for me. It would be interesting to hear what cleaners others are using with the ultrasonic cleaner.......

I will have to give that product a try. I have seen it before here in Canada. I had a friend while on vacation pick up the machine for me but I forgot to mention a cleaner.
  I know I can order  the cleaner through them on line, but we don't have the actual Harbour Freight stores here in Ontario.     Finding a cleaner that works well and could be picked up locally would be helpful.
Thank you !
[/size] [/font] [/size]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 03:29:28 AM by pist-n-broke »

kodibass

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 04:15:21 AM »
X 2  on the simple green,  I also have a cheap HF ultra sonic cleaner with the heater,  I put about a cup full of simple green then fill it with water.  it does a really good job.  & it smells nice!

pist-n-broke

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 10:34:20 PM »
  I did actually go buy some but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Thank you guys for the info, I do appreciate your help!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:38:08 PM by pist-n-broke »

The Small Engine Shop

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 10:34:20 PM »