Author Topic: mity vac  (Read 2150 times)

gbpack1950

mity vac
« on: September 14, 2013, 06:19:16 PM »
like to know what model mity vac for carbs you use

smallengineshop

Re: mity vac
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 01:22:16 AM »

I have the Mityvac MV8500 Silverline Elite Automotive Kit. The kit includes the Silverline MV8510 Hand Vacuum Pump. I bought this kit because it includes the vacuum pump and all the useful accessories. The vacuum pump is very well made and durable, and you can switch between vacuum and pressure by turning a switch on the side of the pump. A feature I really like.

I have another red hand vacuum pump I bought from Sears, which broke the first time i dropped it. The lens cover for the vacuum gauge broke. I paid about $50 for the pump from Sears. 2 years later I noticed Harbor Freight was selling the same one I bought from Sears for about half the price. I realized the vacuum pump from Sears was just a cheap Chinese hand pump. Anyway, that is the reason I upgraded to the Mityvac. I am very happy with it.

Here is the Mityvac URL for the MV8500:

http://www.mityvac.com/pages/products_hvpk.asp

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:34:14 AM by adminjoe »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

gbpack1950

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 04:19:14 PM »
got my mityvac ! can you tell me how many different things you use it for on small engines so I'm not missing anything and thank you very much! Ken

smallengineshop

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 12:49:35 AM »
You can use the vacuum pump for carburetors, brakes, clutches, crankcase cavities for checking seals in two stroke engines. You can be creative and use it to check anything that is made to hold a low pressure or vacuum. Sometimes you run across old hoses used to hold a pressure or vacuum. You can check those hoses for cracks with the pump. The vacuum pump is a tool that makes it easier to check and deal with the things mentioned above.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

The Small Engine Shop

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 12:49:35 AM »