Author Topic: Vt1100  (Read 3387 times)

Kvne

Vt1100
« on: September 09, 2013, 12:10:13 PM »
Your video on the vt1100 carb removal was very helpfull, thank you. I am having a problem with the vacuum lines, I have California emissions and it's a little different from the video. You have two hoses coming off the carbs for the air cut off but only one gets connected and I need to know where the other is connected.

Thank you

smallengineshop

Re: Vt1100
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 10:30:23 PM »

There are 3 hoses connected to the air cut off valve and I have labeled them 1, 2 and 3 in the above photos. Hoses 1 and 2 connect to the air cut off valve and to the right carburetor. You can clearly see this in the first photograph. Hose 3 connects to the air cut off valve and than to a T fitting, which you can see in photo 2. A hose goes from the T fitting and connects to the right carburetor, and another hose connects to the T fitting and routes behind both carburetors and connects to the left carburetor. You can see where it routes to the left carburetor in photo's 3 and 4. The last photo is a parts diagram for the carburetors on a 1985 Honda Shadow VT1100C.  Hope that helps....
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 02:00:30 AM by smallengineshop »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

smallengineshop

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 07:30:17 PM »
Here is a link to a YouTube video showing the hose connections for the air cut off valve.

http://youtu.be/Jb6gckj_saw
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:12:30 PM by smallengineshop »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

tac1120

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 11:03:47 AM »
So I am having the same problem but hose three in the below picture is the hose that  also goes to the other carb and between both of the carbs there is a T fitting that has hose three and and extra hose just sitting there where does this hose go does the air cut off valve have fuel running through it via this hose? 

smallengineshop

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 09:23:14 PM »
Your right about the T fitting. I updated and modified my original post with the correct information. See the above photo's and description. Also check out the new video link above to see the other hose's connected to the carburetors. Hopefully that will answer your questions. The hose's for the air cut off valve do not have gasoline running through them.

The Small Engine Shop

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 09:23:14 PM »