Author Topic: Jason Momoa rides a Honda Helix scooter in The Bad Batch  (Read 557 times)

smallengineshop

Jason Momoa rides a Honda Helix scooter in The Bad Batch
« on: November 25, 2023, 06:41:11 PM »
Jason Momoa rides a Honda Helix scooter in the movie, The Bad Batch. The Bad Batch is about a vast desert wasteland in Texas used for unwanted criminals who are forced to self govern, and survive anyway they can. You can just imagine how that goes. It's an open air prison contained by metal fences and barbed wire. Once your in, you don't come out. Cannibalism and all sorts of crime become a normal way of life. Two Honda Helix scooters appear in this movie: a red one and a white one. Both scooters appear within this prison.

The Helix is a large scooter manufactured by Honda from 1987 to 2007. It's an oddly shaped scooter that I've heard described as a couch on two wheels. You just kinda sat into it when your riding. I've also heard it described as one of the most comfortable scooters ever made. The back of the scooter has an actual trunk just like a car. The scooter can carry a rider and passenger. The Helix is powered by a 250cc, single cylinder four stroke engine, and the drive train is your typical CVT scooter transmission. The top speed is around 75 mph, so you can use this scooter on the freeway.

Of all the two wheeled vehicles they could have chosen for this movie, they chose a couple of Honda Helix scooters. Why, I don't know, but it was an interesting choice.

I believe this is a 1990 Honda Helix. Honda didn't make any big cosmetic changes to the Helix during it's 20 year production run, so it's hard to tell what year a particular Helix was manufactured from photos. I suppose some colors had a much shorter production run, then say the popular color red.

The white Honda Helix scooter in the background used by Jason Momoa

The red Honda Helix was used by a character killed by Jason Momoa.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 07:12:02 PM by adminjoe »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.