Author Topic: First & second generation Kawasaki KLR650's used on Walking Dead - a little late  (Read 737 times)

smallengineshop

Finally we get to see some KLRs on Walking Dead. The #1 motorcycle voted to survive the apocalypse, and they wait until the last season to use the motorcycle on the show. I guess it's better late than never.

Two second generation Kawasaki KLR 650s are used on the Walking Dead show in season 11, episode 20: Whats Been Lost. In episode 21, Outpost 22, you still see the same second generation KLRs, but a first generation KLR shows up for a chase scene with Daryl Dixon riding the motorcycle. The scene ends with the bike falling down and sliding under a fallen tree. The motorcycle is missing the plastic radiator shrouds and the crash scene probably had something to do with that. I find it odd that they used second generation KLRs for every scene accept the crash scene. I wonder if it had something to do with plastic parts breaking?

I always thought the show would make a KLR650 the permanent motorcycle for Norman Reedus character, Daryl Dixon, but they never did. The KLRs are used by the Commonwealth police force, who look more like Star Wars Storm Troopers than cops due to the safety pads they wear.   I think the motorcycles being used in this role is a testament to the KLR's reputation of being such a utilitarian motorcycle.

Both KLRs riding side by side. Both bikes look like their painted with a color similar to a flat olive green, and it looks military.

Daryl Dixon on the first generation Kawasaki KLR. Notice the plastic radiator shrouds are missing.

Kawasaki KLR chase scene on Walking Dead.

Kawasaki KLR sliding under a fallen tree.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 02:48:25 AM by adminjoe »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.