Motorcycles > Motorcycles & Sometimes Other Vehicles In Hollywood Movies, TV & media

Young Boy Riding A 2008 Yamaha TTR125 In Breaking Bad Episode #6, Dead Freight

(1/1)

smallengineshop:
In the fifth season of Breaking Bad, episode #5 called Dead Freight, a young boy rides a dirt bike into the desert to find a tarantula to take home as a pet. The boy accidently stumbles upon the main characters of the show robbing a freight train and ends up being murdered. In the next episode called Buyout, the motorcycle ends up being disassembled and thrown into a barrel of acid to disolve it.

The dirt bike used for these episodes is a 2008 Yamaha TTR125. The Yamaha TTR125 is considered a 'play' dirt bike. It isn't made for competition use and is considered the type of motorcycle you might use to take off road for 'joy' riding. It's powered by a single cylinder, 4 stroke engine and has a 5 speed manual transmission. The motorcycle doesn't have any lights at all and is not designed to be ridden on the street. Yamaha has manufactured this model since year 2000 and appears in Yamaha's lineup for 2023.

It was really hard to ID the Yamaha TTR125 exact model year used for this show. They did a great job covering up the gas tank graphic design where the Yamaha logo appears. I did find one part in episode #6 (see picture below) where you can see some white stripes from the gas tank decals. To me these stripes most resemble what appeared on the 2008 Yamaha TTR125 model, but I could be wrong.

Interesting Note: There was a time in America, not too long ago, when showing the murder of a child character in TV shows and even movies was not allowed.

This video shows the end of the train robbery and ending scene for the young boy
https://www.youtube.com/v/pHMA3CNkUoY

This video shows the motorcycle being disassembled
https://www.youtube.com/v/csturF_RMjU

Click on image to enlarge it.

The Breaking Bad scene in Buyout when their beginning to strip down the motorcycle and dissolve it in acid. How dare they! :)

Click on image to enlarge it.

The 2008 Yamaha TTR125

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version