Author Topic: Say Goodbye To The Honda Gold Wing?  (Read 778 times)

smallengineshop

Say Goodbye To The Honda Gold Wing?
« on: July 02, 2022, 04:58:28 PM »
Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Yamaha will discontinue 37 motorcycle models by 2023 because they can't meet the more strict emissions requirements seen around the world.  See article here: Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki to Cut 37 Motorcycles by 2023

The Honda Gold Wing is mentioned as one of the models that will disappear. It's hard to believe since it's been in production since 1974 and is such a good motorcycle.

Government's are intentionally making it very difficult to manufacture fully gas powered cars or motorcycles by using more strict emissions requirements. I heard in some parts of Europe they even penalize owners of older vehicles that emit more pollution like carbon monoxide with higher fees and taxes. The objective is to eventually have only electric vehicles on the road. I heard Honda is being forced to only manufacture electric motorcycles by 2040.

I wonder what happens to the trucking industry? All the items you see in department and grocery stores got there by diesel powered trucks traveling long distances. Even trains use diesel engines to provide the electricity to power the trains. What about the marine industry? Will they require boats to be electric powered? Will Yachts that use big diesel engine's for propulsion and other energy needs be required to use electric power? Who will recharge the batteries when a boat runs out of energy in the middle of the sea or lake? What about planes? Can you even get a commercial plane off the ground using battery powered electric motors? And if all these restrictions on gas powered vehicles are in place, what happens to the fossil fuel industry and gas prices?

I have a feeling this transition to electric power isn't going to be an easy one, and big countries like Russia, China and India will tell the politicians and bureaucrats in the West to take their regulations and shove it.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 06:21:35 PM by adminjoe »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.