Author Topic: Observe And Report Movie - Seth Rogan Riding A Honda Transalp XL600V  (Read 1009 times)

smallengineshop

Observe and Report is a comedy movie released in 2009, starring Seth Rogan. Seth Rogan's character, Ronnie, rides a Honda Transalp XL600V in the movie. See video below.

I believe the Honda Transalp started production in 1987 and went all the way to 2007. The motorcycle only appeared in USA in years 1989 to 1991 as the XL600V. Engine displacement changed several times during it's production, but was only seen in USA as a 583 cubic centimeter, water cooled, 52 degree 4 stroke v-twin. The engine is based on the older Honda Ascot 500 v-twin. Engine power flowed through a 5 speed manual transmission.

The Honda Transalp is very similar to a Kawasaki KLR650 in that both bikes are dual sport motorcycles with long travel suspension, a large 5 & 6 gallon gas tank, and a plastic fairing and windshield for wind protection. Where they differ is the Transalp is powered by a v-twin engine producing around 50 horsepower. The KLR is a single cylinder thumper producing horsepower in the upper 30's. I think the new 2022 KLR650 might produce horsepower in the 40's.

The Honda Transalp was a good motorcycle that was considered "good at everything" just like a Kawasaki KLR650. The bike was even used by British, Dutch and Greece police departments. But for some reason(s) the Transalp didn't catch on in USA like the KLR650 did. Maybe it was the full fairing look that turned buyers off. However, there is talk in the motorcycle community about Honda bringing back the Transalp model. I guess Honda applied for copyrights for the name in USA and other countries.

I can't wait to see the new Transalp. I just hope Honda keeps it's simple and makes a good motorcycle. Not the fastest, not the lightest, just a good motorcycle like it's predecessor. A true dual sport!

The Honda Transalp XL600V

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Stme-EldDvo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Stme-EldDvo</a>
Seth Rogan riding a Honda Transalp XL600V in the movie Observe and Report

« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 06:03:52 PM by adminjoe »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.