Author Topic: Universal Third World Motorcycle  (Read 797 times)

smallengineshop

Universal Third World Motorcycle
« on: March 23, 2022, 06:22:26 PM »
In the 1970's after Honda manufactured the CB750 in 1969 for sale in USA, Japanese motorcycle manufacturers designed and built similar motorcycles based on the CB750 design. This lasted into the 1980's. They all had inline 4 cyclinder, 4 stroke engines and a standard riding position. A writer from Cycle magazine in 1976 noticed the similarities and coined the term Universal Japanese Motorcycle.

Have you ever seen video from news reports showing cities within third world countries around the world? Have you noticed the citizens riding motorcycles? Often times its a small displacement motorcycle with a single cylinder upright 4 stroke engine and a standard riding position. The motorcycles are similar to the Honda CGL125 sold in Mexico. Could this design be called the Universal Third World Motorcycle?

I don't know. I haven't been outside of USA enough to really know for sure what most people are riding. I have seen this type of motorcycle design in places like Afganistan and Mexico, and from other motorcycle manufacturers besides Honda.

2022 Honda CGL125 - Universal Third World Motorcycle?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 06:26:24 PM by adminjoe »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.