Author Topic: FRAM CH6070 Oil Filter For Kawasaki KLR 650's. Plus, Oil Filter Box Label Images  (Read 1633 times)

smallengineshop

FRAM makes an oil filter for the Kawasaki KLR 650 that is listed in the 2020 FRAM application guide for 1987 to 2018 models, but I think it will also fit the new 2022 KLR's. The oil filter name is CH6070, and the price is $4.99 on Amazon with free Prime shipping (see link below). The CH6070 filter also comes with the o-ring for the KLR oil filter cover, which costs an additional $5 from a Kawasaki dealership.

FRAM CH6070

The CH6070 oil filter is comparable to the Kawasaki OEM oil filter. In fact, it looks almost identical, but it's close to $3 cheaper than buying the Kawasaki version at the dealership. I don't know what the efficiency rating is, but it is part of the FRAM Extra Guard line of filters, which FRAM claims the Extra Guard brand has an efficiency rating of 95.7% efficient @ 20 microns. I know this statement is true for spin-on oil filters, but I'm not positive it applies to cartridge filters.

What Really Makes An Oil Filter Effective? Hint…It Doesn’t Make for Great Video.

The only draw back I found with the FRAM CH6070 oil filter is it's hard to find, which is why I had to order it on Amazon. You can also buy it online through Walmart, but Amazon Prime has better shipping. Using the FRAM CH6070 oil filter with the included o-ring instead of the OEM Kawasaki version's will save you close to $8 just on the oil filter alone. Add in Walmart SuperTech 10W-40 Full Synthetic motorcycle oil instead of the Kawasaki brand and your savings is close to $29 per oil change.

Click on any image to enlarge it:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

smallengineshop

I'm glad I made this post in 2021 and recorded what I paid for the Fram CH6070 filter. This filter is now $20. How does something go up in price 4x in 2 years? It's now cheaper to buy the OEM filter from Kawasaki.

Some other optional oil filters for a 2nd generation KLR650 are: K&N part number KN-123 and Wix part number 24951. I believe the Wix oil filter comes with the seals just like the Fram CH6070, but I'm not sure the K&N filter has the seals. Both filters are around $10
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 05:55:32 PM by adminjoe »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.