Author Topic: To Chrome Stud Or Not To Chrome Stud  (Read 101 times)

smallengineshop

To Chrome Stud Or Not To Chrome Stud
« on: March 22, 2021, 06:01:47 PM »
Harley Davidson set the standard for decorating leather seats, saddle bags and accessories with chrome studs and conchos on production motorcycles starting as far back as the 1940's. The style has been used on the modern Harley Davidson Heritage Classic motorcycle for years. Other manufacturers followed suit with similar looking classic cruisers of their own. However, recently the style has seemed to run it's course and fade out of popularity, or has it.

In 2018 Harley Davidson dramatically changed the look of the Heritage Classic by removing the leather chrome studs and conchos from the motorcycle. They were replaced with black decorative shapes (I'm not sure what to call them). It's a good look and seemed like an good change, and I expected to see other manufacturers follow Harley's move, but they haven't.

Both Suzuki and Kawasaki continue the classic leather styling on the 2021 Vulcan Classic LT and C50T motorcycles. The leather seats and saddle bags on both models are lined with chrome studs. The Kawasaki Classic LT includes a passenger back rest that is also lined with chrome studs.

When Harley Davidson changed the look of the Heritage Classic I thought the leather chrome studs and Chonchos were out style, but now I'm not sure. There seems to be enough motorcyclists out there that prefer the old style for Kawasaki and Suzuki to continue using it. I think the classic leather style look may just hold on and survive a bit longer, and maybe even rise in popularity again.

2021 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic

2017 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic

2021 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic LT

2021 Suzuki C50T
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 01:31:40 AM by adminjoe »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.