Author Topic: 1966 Harley Davidson FLH Electra Glide Used In She Devils On Wheels Movie  (Read 1543 times)

smallengineshop

Click on image to enlarge:

She Devils on Wheels is a 60's biker movie about an all female motorcycle club called The Maneaters. The film was released on May 7, 1968. The movie cost $50k to produce, and according to Wikipedia it's an exploitation film, which I think means a low budget film that relys on trends instead of marketing and quality to sell the film. She Devils on Wheels is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Everything about it is bad. In fact, it's so bad it makes it kind of interesting to watch. Many of the actors were real bikers recruited from the Iron Cross motorcycle club.

One redeeming part of the film was a very clean and nice, brand new 1966 Harley Davidson FLH Electra Glide used by one of the characters. I say brand new because the film was probably made in 1966 and 1967. The bike is powered by a 1200cc Shovelhead engine, which was just released in 1966. If you look at old Harley marketing material from 1966 you realize the name 'Shovelhead' hadn't been coined yet, and all print material referred to the new engine as having a new carburetor and new heads for increased power. The color quality of the film is poor and the bike appears to be all white, but I think it's actually a two toned white and light pink color.  See photo's below.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 11:18:31 PM by adminjoe »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.