Author Topic: Honda EB2200i and EU2200i Portable Generator Recall  (Read 1272 times)

smallengineshop

Honda EB2200i and EU2200i Portable Generator Recall
« on: June 12, 2020, 04:52:27 PM »
Statement by American Honda Regarding EB2200i and EU2200i Portable Generator Recall

March 17, 2020 — ALPHARETTA, Ga.
  • Specific environmental conditions may allow water to enter an electrical connection on the inverter unit and could cause a short circuit and/or fire.
  • Approximately 340,000 Honda generators to be recalled in the United States
  • Repair parts availability starts week of March 23, 2020

In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), American Honda will recall approximately 340,000 Honda EB2200i and EU2200i generators in the United States to inspect and repair or replace inverter units within these generators. Free recall inspections and repairs will begin on March 23, 2020, as repair parts become available.

In affected EB2200i and EU2200i generators, if operated under certain environmental conditions, water may enter an electrical connection on the inverter, located behind the control panel and cause a short circuit failure or fire during operation. While all recalled EB2200i and EU2200i generators are affected, the risk predominantly arises in applications or regions where salt water is present. It is important that customers with affected products refrain from operating these generators until they can be inspected and repaired by their local servicing dealer.

To confirm that your generator is affected, contact the American Honda Customer Relations Department at 888.888.3139, option 4. If you need assistance locating a Honda Power Equipment dealer, please visit our website at powerequipment.honda.com.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.