Author Topic: 1980 Honda Express Scooter - Look Closely For Flaws  (Read 663 times)

smallengineshop

1980 Honda Express Scooter - Look Closely For Flaws
« on: November 04, 2019, 06:59:07 PM »
This is a 1980 Honda Express scooter advertised on ebay as being in excellent condition. It has low mileage and pretty good cosmetics, but it is not in excellent condition. It has a major flaw, which you can see in two photo's uploaded by the seller. The front end is bent right above the front fork and below the head pipe. Probably the result of someone running into something at some point in time. You should be able to draw a straight line from the top of the head pipe down to the end of the forks evenly intersecting the frame and forks, but you can't on this Honda Express.

I thought maybe the bend is an illusion caused by the steering not being inline with the bike, but you can see the same bend in photo's of both sides of scooter, and I don't think the bike has been moved. But, you really need to view a vehicle in person to properly inspect it, and buying on ebay makes that hard to do. I don't think the seller is even aware of the bend.

Link to the scooter on ebay

Click on image to enlarge:

I tried to show the bend in this photo using Photoshop.

Here is the second photo showing the other side.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 07:23:14 PM by adminjoe »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.