Author Topic: Kawasaki Motorcycle Reveil - W800 Cafe - KLR 650 Reveal?  (Read 5 times)

smallengineshop

Kawasaki Motorcycle Reveil - W800 Cafe - KLR 650 Reveal?
« on: November 08, 2018, 07:30:33 PM »
I couldn't be more bored with Adventure touring bikes, and I've never had an interest in Sport, Super Sport or SuperNaked motorcycles. Of the four new motorcycles released by Kawasaki last Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 3 of them fall into those categories. Oh, how exciting! However, the one odd ball motorcycle of the bunch is a SUPER COOL retro twin called W800 Cafe. Its not the first time Kawasaki manufactured a bike with a classic retro twin look.. From 1965 to 1974 Kawasaki manufactured what they call the W series of motorcycles. The W series motorcycle design was a copy of the popular classic British twin motorcycle. In 1999 to 2008 Kawasaki manufactured the W650, and in 2006 to 2008 the W400. In 2011 to 2016 Kawasaki manufactured the W800, which was not a cafe version, but was a standard style motorcycle like the others in the W series. So the W800 cafe motorcycle really isn't that new, but a continuation of a line of motorcycle's Kawasaki has been manufacturing on and off since 1965.

It should be noted that of the four motorcycle's Kawasaki revealed last Tuesday, there was no replacement for the KLR 650. My bet is Kawasaki will come out with a new and much improved KLR in a few years. I just hope it can still be categorized as a dual sport motorcycle and they resist the temptation of making another adventure bike. argh!

2019 Kawasaki W800 Cafe

1967 Kawasaki W1SS

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.