Author Topic: Motorcycle and Bicycle Security  (Read 937 times)

smallengineshop

Motorcycle and Bicycle Security
« on: April 11, 2015, 04:15:57 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PQxPVqV7z-c" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PQxPVqV7z-c</a>

If you live in a condo or apartment and don't have a garage for your motorcycle or bicycle, than you should be using some type of secondary lock to secure your ride. I found the above YouTube video helpful in determining which locks are most difficult to cut. All metals are vulnerable to grinding, so any lock can be cut with a portable grinder. The trick in preventing motorcycle or bicycle theft is to make your ride as difficult as possible for a thief to steal. Thieves hate to work, and the odds of a thief getting busted for theft increases with the increase in time it takes to steal your ride, so make it difficult, and the thief will probably move on to an easier victim. There are other factors that come into play like where you lock your bike, type of people in your area, value of your ride, how you lock your motorcycle or bicycle, etc. Also, you should remember that even though a cable is probably the easiest lock to cut, there are advantages to using a cable lock. For example, cable locks are very light and most of them coil up and take less space than say a heavy chain or u-lock. I use a cable lock whenever I know I am traveling to a place where my bicycle will never leave my line of site. Cables work great for quick stops at places like convenience stores, and will prevent someone from grabbing your bicycle and taking off. In the short amount of time it takes to cut your cable lock, you will notice it and prevent it from happening.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 04:31:49 PM by smallengineshop »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

The Small Engine Shop

Motorcycle and Bicycle Security
« on: April 11, 2015, 04:15:57 PM »