Author Topic: Honda XR75 Stunt Double For Harley Davidson Z90 In The Move The Bad News Bears  (Read 1983 times)

smallengineshop

The Honda XR75 replaced the Harley Davidson Z90 during a wheelie scene in the 1976 movie The Bad News Bears starring Jackie Earle Haley. I'm not sure what year Honda XR75 they used in the movie, but it was between 1973 and 1976. The first XR75 was first manufactured in 1973 and the XR models have been around for a long time. Honda still manufacturers a 2018 XR650.  A movie clip of the wheelie scene was on YouTube but its been removed (I promise I will rent the movie and snag a copy of that scene and upload it to YouTube). The movie producer/director/writer or whoever made the decision to use the Harley Davidson Z90 for Jackie Earle Haley's character chose it because it cool or maybe Harley paid for product placement. The Honda XR75 was used as the Harley Davidson Z90 stunt double because its a better motorcycle for that type of riding. I haven't ridden either bike, but I'm sure the Honda XR75 produced more low end torque and was lighter and easier to wheelie. It wouldn't surprise me if they were unable to wheelie the Z90 in 2nd or 3rd gear. I'm not knocking the Harley Davidson Z90 and it really isn't fair to compare it to the XR75. The Z90 is a dual sport or street/dirt motorcycle and the Honda XR75 is strictly for dirt.  Dirt bikes tend to produce more power and are lighter and easier to throw around.

Jackie Earle Haley on a 1975 Harley Davidson Z90 in The Bad News Bears
Original post I made about the movie and the Harley Z90

1974 Honda XR75. Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 04:20:48 PM by adminjoe »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.