Author Topic: speedo change  (Read 2072 times)

hdrider

speedo change
« on: January 17, 2015, 12:20:02 AM »
Hi went to a swap meet today and brought a analog speedometer tachometer for an 09 harley softail was told it was new as was still all wrapped up and in box turns out its not after paying 300$ not happy is there anyway to reset this speedo to work on my bike or have i just wasted 300$ the part number is 70900072 any would appreciate any info on this cheers.

smallengineshop

Re: speedo change
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 06:38:03 PM »
This is on my list of things to do, but as of right now I have never unlocked a Harley Davidson speedo, and I don't know anyone who has. Here are some things I do know or I was told these things by others who say they know:

1) Harley Davidson speedometer's are not made to be disassembled and are difficult to get apart. There are videos on YouTube showing the disassembly.

2) BMW locks their speedometers to the motorcycle by writing the motorcycles VIN in the speedometer EEPROM. I think Harley Davidson is doing the same thing.

3) A person who rolls back speedometers for a living can probably tell you more about this. You can find these people on ebay.

I am planning to unlock a stock Harley Davidson speedometer in the near future, and when I do I will post a video and also post the information on this forum.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 05:25:44 PM by smallengineshop »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.