Author Topic: Harley Davidson's new Shackle Lock Kit #94868-10  (Read 700 times)

smallengineshop

Harley Davidson's new Shackle Lock Kit #94868-10
« on: August 27, 2016, 05:03:51 PM »
Harley Davidson still sells their Bar & Shield Padlock, which is actually a Masterlock #220. See photo #1.

Photo #1 - Bar & Shield Padlock

However, Harley Davidson has discontinued their high security padlock, part #45721-96A, which was actually a Masterlock 6127. See photo #2

Photo #2 - High Security Padlock

Harley Davidson replaced their high security padlock with the Shackle Lock Kit, part #94868-10. See photo #3

Photo #3 - Shackle Lock Kit

The Shackle Lock Kit is actually a Kryptonite Evolution Series 4 Disc Lock Premium Pack. I believe the reason Harley Davidson replaced their high security padlock with the new shackle lock kit is because its size is better suited for securing a disc brake or sprocket, and I don't believe the high security padlock was selling well, unlike the Bar & Shield Padlock. The lock has a very wide shackle width giving the user more places or options for using the lock. This is a descent lock and comes with a disc detainer cylinder, which in my opinion is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to pick. Kryptonite is know for selling high end locks for motorcycle and bicycle security, and in my opinion was a smart choice by Harley Davidson.

You can actually buy this lock with the Kryptonite label for about $15 less than the Harley Davidson price. Use this link:
Kryptonite Series 4 Disc Premium Packaging Orange

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 05:34:27 PM by adminjoe »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.