Author Topic: Trimmer line melting.  (Read 2689 times)

pist-n-broke

Trimmer line melting.
« on: July 18, 2013, 09:50:10 PM »
Hello folks,
  I have a trimmer here that seems to be melting its line. The only thing I can think of is maybe a bad lower bearing causing heat. The area does get hot, but doesn't seem damaged, or loud sounding. Has anyone seen this before?. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks!  8)

smallengineshop

Re: Trimmer line melting.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 01:56:55 AM »
What make and model trimmer do you have? Is the trimmer head stock?

One easy fix that might work is to make sure your using a new, good quality trimmer line, and your using the correct size. Refer to the your manual for line requirements.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

pist-n-broke

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 10:26:32 PM »
Hello, First of all I'm very sorry for taking so long to reply to your answer to my question. I didn't realize you had answered me so quickly.  :-[I truly do appreciate the time you all take out of your busy day to answer these questions .
 The make and model is the Homelite UT-20772 . The trimmer head is original, and will certainly try your suggestion. Thank you again Smallengineshop for your response.

smallengineshop

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 11:19:44 PM »
The wait isn't a problem. Answer when you can. Let me know if the new line works....
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

pist-n-broke

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 11:23:44 PM »
The wait isn't a problem. Answer when you can. Let me know if the new line works....
Well after your post I bought some "force 4" line and now have used it 3 times since then. The trimmer head does get fairly warm at times ,but the good news is there is no melting so far.  I'm not sure if this new line is considered to be a quality line, but it appears  to have fixed my issue. I do appreciate your help and advice.
Thank you!

The Small Engine Shop

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 11:23:44 PM »