Author Topic: String Trimmer leaking oil  (Read 1472 times)

Kulsan

String Trimmer leaking oil
« on: August 24, 2014, 05:26:05 PM »
Hi, I have Troy Bilt 575SS String Trimmer.
Its leaking oil. I opened carburator and saw the sponge filter soaked in oil.
Also when I opened valve cover on top there is some oil too. The crank case looks fine, no leak there.
Can someone give me direction how can I fix the leak?

Thanks,
SK

smallengineshop

Re: String Trimmer leaking oil
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 04:23:48 PM »
When you say "leaking" is the oil actually leaking out of the trimmer on to the ground? Is the trimmer running good?

I am not sure anything you mentioned indicates a problem unless the oil you find on the air filter is excessive. Cleaning the air filter and applying oil is part of the 10 hour maintenance on this trimmer. I don't think it is unusual to find oil underneath the valve cover.

If there is a problem, than the first thing I would check is the oil level. It is important not to overfill the crankcase with oil. The correct volume of oil for the Tory Built 575SS is 3.04 oz or 90 ml. Check the owners manual for instructions on how to change and check the engine oil, and also how to clean and re-oil the air filter. You can download the owners manual here:

Download Troy Built Operators Manuals
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 05:09:25 PM by smallengineshop »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

The Small Engine Shop

Re: String Trimmer leaking oil
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 04:23:48 PM »