The Small Engine Shop
Motorcycles => Motorcycle General Topics (Not Specific) => Topic started by: smallengineshop on January 08, 2015, 11:18:41 PM
I just created a website that motorcycle and small engine technicians can use to get their business online. Its pretty basic, but I think it is effective and will give the user's business an online presence. The website is a good solution for a technician just starting out, or for a technician looking for part work on the side. A more established shop might want something larger with more features, but the website will work for any sized business. Also, the website is compatible with mobile devices as well as PC's.
The code for the website is available online at: Free website for motorcycle and small engine technicians (http://thesmallengineshop.net/freewebsite.php).
The user will need to edit the title, name of business, telephone, facebook address, and email. The icons, pictures and content used in the website were created by thesmallengineshop.net, and it is free for anyone to use. thesmallengineshop.net did not create the facebook or email icon, but they are freeware, so anyone can use them. Instructions for editing the code are available at the above link, and there are comments in the code surrounded by lines of * symbols that will show the user what to edit. All photo's and icons are hosted on photobucket. thesmallengineshop.net will not touch the photo's or icons hosted on photobucket, so if the user of the website wants to continue using the photo's and icons, than they can.
If you have any questions or need help, than post your questions on this forum and I will respond ASAP.
To create your free biz.nf website you will need to go here:
Biz.nf Free Webhosting (http://www.biz.nf?aid=MTkyMzI3MjAxODI3MjY=)
Once there, click on Sign Up for a free hosting account and fill out the necessary information to create an account. You don't need to use your real name or address, but you will need to use a good email address to activate your account. I recommend using your real name and address in case you decide to purchase your own URL at a later date (having your own URL will help people find your website), but you can change your account information at a later time. Once you have your account created, than login and you should be at your Dashboard control panel. Follow the instructions below to get your website working:
1) Click on Hosting Tools menu, than click on Domain Manager.
2) Click on Create a Free Subdomain.
3) Type in the name of your new subdomain (what you would like to call your website), than click the create button and your subdomain should be created.
4) Click on the Hosting Tools menu, than click on File Manager.
5) Double click on your directory, which will be in the same position as the directory pointed to in the photo, and will have the same name of the subdomain you created earlier.
6) Click on the upload button.
7) Click on the "Click to select files" button, and choose your webpage file that should be saved on your computer. Make sure the file is named index.html.
8) Click on the Upload button, and your webpage file will be uploaded to your free web hosting server.
9) To see your new website, go to the Hosting Tools menu and click on the Domain Manager. In the Domain Manager you will see a link that says "Open Website". Click on the link and it will take you to your new website.
If you have any problems or need help with anything, you can post your questions on this forum and I will try and help you ASAP.