Author Topic: My Epson XP-330 ink jet printer  (Read 450 times)

smallengineshop

My Epson XP-330 ink jet printer
« on: January 22, 2024, 06:37:23 PM »
I own a Epson XP-330 ink jet printer. I can't remember what I paid for it, but I do remember thinking it was priced right. However, unknown to me at the time was the high cost of buying ink cartridges. This little printer eats ink cartridges faster than a cop eats donuts, and it will cost $100's a year if you print pages everyday. It's so expensive I put the printer in the closet and stopped using it, and nicknamed the printer "Evil Printer."

An emergency happened that forced me to free Evil Printer from the closet and use it once again, so I powered up Evil Printer and the first message I got was your out of black and cyan ink. Yes, even though I have the printer setup to print black grayscale only, Evil Printer still finds a way to use color ink. I ran to the store and bought all 3 colors and 1 black ink cartridge and returned to Evil Printer. I'm now another $40 dollars in the hole, and I have yet to print a single page. I replaced the empty ink cartridges and proceeded to print a document, but nothing prints. The black ink isn't working. I guess because Evil Printer has been sitting in the closet for so long the print nozzles are plugged. So I spend the next 45 minutes running a printer head cleaning utility program over and over again until it prints correctly. During this print cleaning session Evil Printer ordered me to replace all the other old ink cartridges, and refused to continue until I did. I replaced the ink cartridges and continued on. Finally, I get the result I'm looking for. I prepare to print my first page since unleashing Evil Printer back into my life. I successfully print one page before Evil Printer sends another message saying "black ink is low." UGH!

« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 04:45:49 PM by adminjoe »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.