Author Topic: More wide spread than you think  (Read 423 times)

smallengineshop

More wide spread than you think
« on: January 18, 2024, 08:03:55 PM »
I think this way of thinking is more wide spread in American Christianity than people think. First, I'm not against the different sects of Christianity that choose to worship in different ways. If you think women should only wear a dress and have long hair, then that's fine with me. If you think men should only dress a certain way, then that's fine with me. If you think juggling poisonous snakes belongs in a worship service, then that's fine with me. Worship how you want. However I have a problem when ideas and values cause people to ignore outright injustice and murder.

Here's a sect of Christianity that thinks going to Israel and working for Jews without pay is service to God. This is a sect of Christianity that thinks they're beneath Jews. They think they can change God's prophetic timetable by their own efforts. They think this is pleasing to God. They think biology alone determines how God will judge Jews. They think Jews will find favor with God without Jesus Christ.

I'm not a theologian. I don't pretend to have all the dots connected in biblical studies. In fact, I probably belong in the category of Christians that should read their bible more. But I have one thing in my favor. I know not every flavor of Christianity thinks this way. If Israeli soldiers killed every single Palestinian person alive today, I think this sect of Christianity would defend it, and I think that's wrong. This sect of Christianity would sit idly by as Israel killed millions of innocent people, and it makes their interpretation of the bible wrong in my opinion. But, if you know better than me, than chime in. You can have the floor.

How can you ever bring Jews to Jesus Christ thinking this way? How can you place a group of people on a pedestal above yourself, and expect them to accept your way of thinking? Jews think your in need of redemption.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 11:48:02 PM by adminjoe »
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.